Thursday, February 18, 2010

Future-Able


Here's another tune by Bobby Melody, it's a self-produced version of Ken Parker's classic 'I Can't Hide' - if you don't know the original but the lyrics seem familiar, think of Special K...

I remember someone offered me a copy of this about 15 years ago - they wanted a tenner for it and I didn't think it was really worth it. I saw it again last year, really liked the dub, and bought it for a couple of euros. Either my taste in music has changed over time, or I'm just a cheapskate and it was the drop in price that convinced me.

So why do I like it? The drums. This sounds quiet for a reason: the dynamic range is huge, and if you turn it up loud your speakers are in serious danger. The dub is ruff! The vocal side is rough as well, but in a different way. Don't get me wrong, it's a good tune, but it's not the main attraction.

Anyway, enjoy.

No comments: