Saturday, January 01, 2011

Satisfaction

Happy New Year everyone. I'm afraid that I've not got anything particularly strong for the first post of 2011, but I hope you'll like it anyway. 



Here's John Holt's Channel one update of the lovers classic 'Satisfaction'. My copy's a bit rough on the vocal side, but that's OK: it's not the best vocal version of the tune; it's not even Holt's best vocal version (see below). The reason I keep this record is for the dub on the b-side which has sweet echoes and tuff drumming - definitely one to play loud.

This is Holt's first stab at the song:


There are so many versions, but Gregory's (credited to 'William Shakespear' on the original press) really stands out:


By the way, is there anyone out there who can help me out with keystone correction on a couple of label photos?

No comments: