Saturday, October 08, 2011

Frog Leap

Here's one of my favourite instrumentals, 'Frog Leap' by Mudies All-Stars and an uncredited Ernest Ranglin. My copy's a bit rough, so I apologise in advance. I hope you'll agree that the quality of he music more than makes up for it.

The other side is called 'Dark Shadows' and it's a lovely mellow guitar instrumental on the same rhythm that Jo Jo Bennett used for 'Velvet Mood' (I don't know what the original is).

Update: thanks to the Voice of Reason I now do.  Enjoy:



1 comment:

the_voice_of_reason said...

The rhythm for "Dark Shadows" is Alton Ellis' "I'm Hoping", recorded at Studio One but released on Moodisc. As such it's reasonable to date this as virtually contemporary with Dennis Walks' "The Drifter", another Mudie's production recorded at Brentford Road